What is Alpha?
Alpha is a chance to explore and question the meaning of life. Over a series of about ten sessions, you’ll find out about the basics of the Christian faith. Each session involves a main talk and some time to say what you think. It’s fun, relaxed and free, and you can ask anything you like (that’s why over 22.5 million people worldwide have already tried Alpha).
When is Alpha?
We're planning to run our next Alpha course on Monday evenings from mid-January to mid-March 2018. Our first get together on Monday 15 January at 7.30pm will be a taster session over some free food so you can get a feel for what the course is all about - and see if you want to take it on from there. The whole evening will be finished by 9pm. We'd love to welcome you.
Who can come to an Alpha course?
Basically, anyone and everyone...
- I'm atheist, can I come? Yes
- I just want to see what it's like, can I come? Yes
- I'm busy and cannot come to all the sessions, can I come? Yes
- I'm really angry with God, can I come? Yes
- I don't know what I believe, can I come? Yes
- I am really argumentative, can I come? Yes
- I am a Christian looking to revisit the basics of my faith, can I come? Yes
- I am a busy parent, can I come? Yes
- I am a student, can I come? Yes
- I am a bit scared to do this, can I bring a friend? Yes
- I was brought up in a different faith and culture, can I come? Yes
- I am not a Baptist - in fact I don't really know what that means, can I come? Yes
- I want to find out more - but I cannot do Mondays, can I come? Well, its going to be tricky this time around - but get in touch and maybe next time we can change it to a time that suits you better. Look on the Alpha.org website for details of other local courses.
You might also like to know that if you're deaf or have hearing difficulties we have a signer joining us on the course from within our church family and she would be very happy to sign to make the course accessible to you too. So please don't let that keep you away.
Are you interested?
If you'd like to speak to someone beforehand for more details feel free to contact our minister, Mark, from the Contact Us page on our website. Or, if you're about on a Sunday at church have a chat with Mark there. He'd be only too glad to speak with you.