What is Alpha?
Alpha is a chance to explore and question the meaning of life. Over a series of about ten sessions, you’ll find out about the basics of the Christian faith. Each session involves a main talk and some time to say what you think. It’s fun, relaxed and free, and you can ask anything you like (that’s why over 22.5 million people worldwide have already tried Alpha).
When is Alpha?
Our last Alpha course ran in Jan & Feb 2015 and we'd love to do another very soon. In fact we'd love to start a new course in January 2016. If you are interested please talk to Mark Cooke and get your name down for the next course.
Who can come to an Alpha course?
Basically, anyone and everyone...
- I'm atheist, can I come? Yes
- I just want to see what it's like, can I come? Yes
- I'm busy and cannot come to all the sessions, can I come? Yes
- I'm really angry with God, can I come? Yes
- I don't know what I believe, can I come? Yes
- I am really argumentative, can I come? Yes
- I am a Christian looking to revisit the basics of my faith, can I come? Yes
- I am a busy parent, can I come? Yes
- I am a student, can I come? Yes
- I am a bit scared to do this, can I bring a friend? Yes
- I was brought up in a different faith and culture, can I come? Yes
- I am not a Baptist - in fact I don't really know what that means, can I come? Yes
- I want to find out more - but I cannot do Wednesdays, can I come? Well, its going to be tricky this time around - but get in touch and maybe next time we can change it to a time that suits you better. Look on the Alpha.org website for details of other local courses.
Are you interested?
We'd love to know if you've visited this webpage and think you'll be coming to Alpha.
Either speak to someone at church one morning, or contact Mark on the contact page.